Monday 4 April 2011

Forceme Vs ACES

It is well known that there is no love lost between Forceme and the co-founders of ACES and hasnt been in the last 12 months, so here is my take on it all
(Point to note this is simply my understanding of it based on what I have read and what I have heard)

So what happened ??  Jovial allegedly used some content from one of Forceme's classes without giving credit to Forceme for it. Jovial has ammended her curriculm so that this is no longer the case and states that this wasnt what happened, or if it did it was accidental. Forceme has since demanded that nobody who hosts her classes posts anything on ACES group and has repeatedly attacked ACES and its founders, Jovial and Jez, on her blog and in world.

A little bit about Jovial

I cannot comment about Jovial using or not using Forceme's material, I was not at the class, therefore I have no right to pass judgement either way. However I do know this. I know Jovial well, I find her to be friendly, caring, intellegent and considered. I know her submissives and they have been with her for a long time and are happy, all of them are intellegent, funny and have a good understanding of the lifestyle so they would not stay with someone who didnt know what they were doing, I also know how she has affected their real lives/first lives which tells me she is a good Mistress. I have watched her support sims, both new and continuing, I have seen her present at many many discussions, I have listened to her voice opinions, ask questions, and give feedback. When approached she is always more then happy to help and offers a kind word and friendship to anyone who asks, she does not judge, she works with many many sims and educators in second life to try and build communication and understanding, she encourages other educators to actively work together and is responsible for forming many bonds between sim owners who at one time were more concerned about keeping their traffic then getting the messages out there. She sees that the way forward within the community is to forge bonds, to realise we are all trying to deliver the same message, that we are all attempting to protect against abuse, and that we all have good intentions and beliefs. She is also not afraid to speak up when she sees something she dosent like, to voice concerns in a constructive manner and to offer help and support to implement change.

Jez I have lesser contact with, but I have found her to be supportive, approachable, she is keen to build events where we all work together, arranges oppurtunities for sim owners to meet, for people to become aware of each others work, and to learn to work together. ACES is a credit to Jez and Jovial and it will I am sure to continue to grow and strengthen, I for one will give my ongoing support.

Forceme

Forceme built up an education programme when Second life really didnt have much in the way of education from a lifestyle perspective, she delivers some amazing classes with some great information in them. She has a knowledge and understanding of BDSM that enables her to offer advice and support to those who seek it, Her classes are well structured and I love the ROPE sessions with the certification at the end of them for those wishing to improve or learn to role play. The classes she delivers should be well respected.

Sadly though Forceme does not like working with other educators, I have never heard to this day a good word from her about another educator. Perhaps she feels ousted from her position since others have started to provide education, perhaps she feels that so many forms of education mean that it cannot be monitored, controlled to ensure the content is good. Perhaps she just dosent like working with others. I have heard stories of her demanding her boards arent placed with ACES boards, it is well known that she wont allow her classes to be posted on the ACES network and she takes every oppurtunity to attack ACES and its co- founders.

In my mind at least, an incident that occured 12 months ago continues to be an issue, it is continually brought up at every oppurtunity when quite frankly everyone else is bored of it and dosent want to hear about it.
If as Forceme claims she just wants good education for all in second life who seek it then surely she would find a way past this, surely she would colaberate with other educators and encourage people to attend lectures she thinks are useful. Isnt the end goal for all to better inform people and protect against abuse????

No comments:

Post a Comment