Wednesday 6 April 2011

Forceme Vs Darius

I debated quite a while before writing this post, let me explain why. The entry is regarding a blog posted by Forceme on 2nd April 2011 titled - Creepy Fella Darius Aldrin

Now at first glance the blog is an outright attack on Darius Aldrin, Darius owns Dominus a BDSM club, academy, and auction house within SL, the blog itself attacks his "no drama" policy, attacks his character, his relationships and his comments on redzone, and in defence of ACES owners.

Bella sighs and thinks here we go again

But in the interest of fairness and making sure I understand I took a look at the comments made on Force's blog by Darius, and took a look at Darius' blog entries concerning Forceme I was saddened by what I found.

Darius runs a good place, while I do not agree with everything he does I find him to have only good intentions. I have found him approachable and helpful whenever I have contacted him, he holds some great events and there are a lot of good people involved in his sim.

However as much as I disagree with Forceme's attempts to defame people through her blog, I have to say that I do not feel Darius' behaviour was acceptable when it comes to sending notes to her Master, auctioning a horse called Forceme, etc etc

When someone attacks us if we respond with jibes, attacks, and hate campaigns does that not make us just as bad?? I disagree with Forceme and her methods in many many ways, I have the right to that opinion and the right to comment on it, but to do the things that have been done in this case smacks of nothing more then bullying. Whilst Forceme may laugh it off, whilst she may post blogs regarding the subject, I find it leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Darius has with support of some individuals lowered himself to this and it just disappoints me.

I took some time to read the comments on Forceme's blog - ACES co founder supports redzone, they were articulate and valid points, everyone having their own view and feeling able to express it. As you have read in previous blogs I dont supportt Forceme's behaviour in regard to the ACES group. I find Jez and Jovial have both conducted themselves well and addressed all of Forceme's attacks with valid and articulate points.

Darius started with this, but then turned it into an attack, a form of bullying, this is sad to see, I hope that Darius realises what he is doing and adjusts his behaviour. Forceme was wrong to attack him, but two wrongs dont make a right and Darius you are better then this, I hope you reconsider your actions.

What is clear to me in all of this is that so much energy is being focused on this battle and I am not sure I understand the point. There are so many good instituations in SL, so much great education, why are we allowing this politics to get in the way????

2 comments:

  1. Hello Bella, I'm the first publicly registered follower of your blog and I'm now trying to pop the cherry of your comments section, so I hope you'll post this first one and won't censor it.

    I choosed to follow publicly your blog because I'm curious to see what you have to write about my friend Forceme, but that doesn't mean at all that I share your opinions about her.

    Let's see if you can handle as much public criticism in the comments section of your own blog than she does on hers, and please consider this post as a test of mind-opened

    Forceme and myself sometimes disagree on some intellectual questions and I don't always support all her actions, but I have the utter admiration for the work that she does hunting and exposing abuses and misbehaviors across SL, so obviously our opinions about her are quite opposite.

    Like her, I am also an anti-Redzone activist as this product was infringing people's right to privacy sacralized by the article 12 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

    Kudos to you however for writing here against the bullying behavior of your friend Darius, that's courageous from you to disagree publicly with someone who stands in the same camp.

    I wish you had the same courage to sign this blog from your "official SL name, because staying anonymous does really make this look like a hate blog rather than a blog to share your opinions about what Forceme writes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smiles Hi Sir Renzo thank you for your comment, I have read many of your comments on Forceme's blog and find them to be insightful and well considered.

    A few things from your first comment. This blog really isnt about hate, I admire alot of what Forceme does, and I have stated in my blogs already that I think she offers some amazing insight and educational posts. This is not designed to be a hate blog, it is simply my thoughts on what I see and read, I was moved to the point where I felt a need to write.

    There are reasons I do not post my name, the first is that I dont wish to cause issues at my sim, for my friends, or myself,it isnt done out of cowardly behaviour simply protection. I debated for a very long time before writing anything at all, and when I wrote I considered not sharing as I cannot reveal my identity, but to not share at all seemed wrong. In the same way that I do not reveal my name I also do not intend to tell my friends about the blog. It is simply here if anyone chooses to read it.

    With regard to Darius - he is neither my friend or foe - I simply am speaking as I find, I hope it is measured and well researched, I am sure people will quickly inform me if it is not. I have respect for many of the things Darius does but did not like his behaviour on this occassion, exactly as I like many of the things Forceme does, but do not like the verbal attacks she makes on people on her blog and in world.

    I will not get involved in the whole redzone conflict, I have my own views on it, however that is not the point of my blog, so they remain private.

    I welcome any and all comments and only put the view first as a protection against spam, knowing how it hits so very many blogs. I do not claim to be right, I do not claim to be the most articulate, I just voice my opinion and thoughts.
    Bella

    ReplyDelete